Who we are:
Symbaloo.com is an online visual startpage which is the homepage for 10 million users globally and organizations such as the State of New York and the Australian Hunter TAFE. Our mission is to make internet navigation easier for everyone. Symbaloo users can create their own visual startpage, and share it with others. Many teachers found this very valuable, as they could easily share content with their students.
As our knowledge of the educational market grew, we noticed a lot of teachers struggled to use the internet to its fullest potential for teaching. To facilitate them, we’ve developed Symbaloo Lessonplans (2016), an open platform for building and publishing gaming-style courses using the best online content.
Just like how Symbaloo works, the best of the web can be gathered, and shared. Lessonplans will help education move away from books, towards the digital era with all of its advantages.
Symbaloo is a Dutch company and has an office in Delft and one in Costa Mesa, California. Our tech department is responsible for a diverse set of activities, platforms and techniques. We are building webservices, API’s, mobile websites, native apps (iOs and Android), widgets and lots more.
Do you have:
- Thinking level of at least higher education (HBO)
- Knowledge of the latest webtechniques
- Knowledge of, and experience with, Object Oriented Programming
- At least 15 weeks available
- Proficiency in English (reading, writing, talking, listening)
- The capabilities to work independently
What do we offer:
- Workspace in an informal, fun team environment
- Based in the old centre of beautiful Delft (1 minute walk from the central market)
- At a company that is becoming a leading player in education internationally.
- Foosball or darts after lunch!
- Space for own initiatives
- Learn, experience, do and discover
- Competitive compensation
What will you do:
This partially depends on your own initiative and efforts. The regular activities consist of:
- Creating functional designs
- Designing and creating widgets
- Establishing links with various social networks
- Generate and maintain technical statistics
- Support the marketing department with technical questions
Location: Delft, The Netherlands
This internship opening is only available for applicants with a EU passport
Do you think you can contribute to the further growth and development of Symbaloo? Give us a call or send us a mail!
|Telefoon||:||+31 (0)15 212 9006|
Acquisition on the basis of this vacancy is not appreciated.