As a frontend developer at Symbaloo, you will build the next generation of our platform that reaches millions of people. Our mission is to help teachers deliver educational resources to students and create a personalised learning experience for every student around the world. We are looking for engineers who have fresh ideas to bring our platform to the next level.
Within our team you will have responsibilities throughout the entire development process and work on various projects. As frontend developer you will bridge the gap between graphical design and technical implementation, taking an active role on both sides and defining how the application looks as well as how it works.
In this role you will work with
- A platform with thousands of concurrent users
- Develop new user-facing features
- Ensure the technical feasibility of UI/UX designs
- Optimize our platform for maximum speed and scalability
- Arian, Coen, Harm and Xander as your peer frontenders
- Git / Gitlab
- A college (HBO) or higher level of education in a relevant field
- At least 5 years work experience as web developer
- Proficient understanding of web markup, including HTML5, CSS3
- Expert knowledge or working experience with Elm or React
- Working in a Java oriented development environment
- A strong background in at least one other production language
- App development (iOS/Android)
Symbaloo started as a visual bookmarking tool in 2007, meant to be the homepage simplifying internet navigation. After shifting our focus towards education and our launch in the United States in 2010, Symbaloo grew to 10 million users worldwide, which makes Symbaloo one of the leading navigation and supporting tool in education.
Our development and European marketing team are located in Delft (The Netherlands), the American marketing team is operating from Costa Mesa (Orange County, United States).
With our two products ‘Symbaloo’ and ‘Symbaloo Learning Paths’, we aim to bring personalized learning to a new level. We currently give teachers a comprehensive set of tools to create, store and deliver learning materials to students. Our next step is to deliver content tailored to the individual based on students’ weaknesses and interests.
What we offer
- Space to bring in your own ideas
- A strong team spirit
- Workspace in a professional team
- Flat Hierarchy
- Based in the old centre of beautiful Delft (1 minute walk from the central market)
- Choose your own device to work on
- Very competitive salary (of course)
- Team events
- The usual startup goodies like fruit, drinks and snacks
- Table soccer, computer games or darts after lunch!
The location for this position is our Headquarter located in Delft. This job opening is only available for applicants with a EU passport or a valid European working visa.
How to apply?
Are you excited and does it feel like a potential next step in your career?
Give us a call or send us a mail with your Curriculum to introduce yourself.
Contactperson : Koen Dantuma
Phonenumber : +31 (0)15 212 9006
E-mailaddress : email@example.com
Acquisition on the basis of this vacancy is not appreciated.