Are you an engineer who likes to write Java and likes to create web applications that can be used by thousands of concurrent users? At Symbaloo you can focus on one product and go for the highest quality standards. Our developers get responsibility during the entire development process, which comes along with freedom in chosing the best solutions.
In this role you will work with
- A platform with thousands of concurrent users
- Clustered Java EE webapplications
- Replicated/Clustered RDBMS’s
- Continuous Integration
- AWS EC2
Stack & Tools
- Elasticsearch & Solr
- A dash of shell scripts
Do you have
- A Masters degree in a relevant field
- At least 5 years work experience as software developer
- A strong interest in everything related to web-development
(please note there is also a vacancy for a Medior position)
Symbaloo started as a visual bookmarking tool in 2007, meant to be the homepage which simplifies internet navigation. Symbaloo is especially popular in the education industry. The product was rebuilt in 2010 and also launched in the United States, and has currently 8 million users.
Our development- and European marketingteam is located in Delft (The Netherlands), the American marketing team is operating from Costa Mesa (Orange County, United States).
Symbaloo works with various partners like Google, Amazon, Toshiba and the New York institute of technology.
We are always trying to innovate, listen to our users and combine this with our own vision.
Currently we are working on a new innovation which is called “Lesson Plans”. It’s a new platform for education in which teachers can create digital lessons. The approach is very visual and in the future we will add exciting stuff like learn analytics, differentiated learning and adaptivity. This is all built in the latest web technologies and it will be ready for millions of new users.
What we offer
- Workspace in a professional team
- Startup environment and projects
- Based in the old centre of beautiful Delft (1 minute walk from the central market)
- Foosball, computer games or darts after lunch!
- Space for own initiatives
- Choose your own device to work on
- Very competitive salary (of course)
- A very open company in which you are in control
- A team event every +/-2 months
- Healthy smoothies every morning & snacks of your choice every day
The location for this position is our Headquarter located in Delft. This job opening is only available for applicants with an EU passport
How to apply?
Are you excited and does it feel like a potential next step in your carreer? Give us a call or send us a mail with your Curriculum and a motivation letter.
Contactperson : Koen Dantuma
Phonenumber : +31 (0)15 212 9006
E-mailaddress : firstname.lastname@example.org
Acquisition on the basis of this vacancy is not appreciated.